Pigs in Blankets Recipe
Pigs in blankets are a traditional Christmas accompaniment to your roast bird - here's how we prepare ours!
16 Rashers of Graig Farm Organic Streaky Bacon
32 Graig Farm Organic Cocktail Sausages
4 Tbsp Runny Honey
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1. First of all, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. Using the back of a knife, stretch each bacon rasher out and cut them in half so that there is enough for every sausage.
3. Wrap each chipolata with bacon.
4. Line a roasting tin with foil and arrange the sausages in it. You don’t need to add oil, as they will cook in their own natural fat.
5. Take your honey and drizzle it over the sausages before seasoning with salt and ground black pepper. 6. Once you have done this, shake the roasting tin from side to side, tossing everything together and bake for 35 minutes in total.
7. Make sure you check on them a few times so that you can give them a quick shake. Also try using a tablespoon to baste the sausages in the honey juices as this will keep the pigs in blankets moist and stop them from drying out. After the 35 minutes, take them out of the oven and add to your dinner. And there we have it, perfect pigs in blankets with a quirky, honey glazed twist! 8. If you want to try adding a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkle of sage to your recipe, this will give it a spicier taste. Feel free to experiment with as many different flavours as you like to zest up your Christmas dinner. Enjoy!
- Jonathan Rees