Smoked Salmon 2 Ways Canapes
It's garden party season and here's a delicious luxurious idea for smoked salmon canapes!
Ingredients: 1 Organic Sliced Smoked Salmon Side
- 1 x thin soft dough baguette or similar thin baguette about 18cm
- olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 20 pieces of the smoked salmon, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 x tub mustard and cress
SMOKED SALMON PATE
- 150g of the smoked salmon
- 50g full-fat cream cheese
- 50g full-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- To make the crostini, cut the baguette into 20 thin slices and lightly brush each side with oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and slide under the grill for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- To make the smoked salmon pâté, measure the ingredients into a processor, add some freshly ground black pepper and whiz briefly until combined (don’t let it get too smooth).
- Spread some pâté on to one half of each cold crostini – so the top of the crostini is half covered with pâté and half plain. Spread a little horseradish on the plain half. Take a square of smoked salmon and twist it into a little rosette. Sit this on top of the horseradish.
- Snip a few cress leaves and sprinkle a line between the rosette and the pâté and serve.
- Tags: Salmon
- Jonathan Rees