Easy Delicious Roast Potatoes - Here's How to Cook Them
When sitting down to Sunday Roast or Christmas Dinner one of the key ingredients are the roasties. Here's how we like to prepare them...
Goose Fat or Light Olive Oil
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
Garlic Cloves (optional) in their skin.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into good sized pieces, try to keep the pieces as even as possible to ensure even cooking.
2. Place potatoes in a suitably sized saucepan and just cover with cold water, add salt.
3. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes, then drain and leave with the lid on for 5 mins.
4. Heat the oil/fat in a roasting tin at about 200ºC/Gas 6.
5. Meanwhile with the lid still on shake the pan to roughen the edges.
6. When the fat is hot add the potatoes and to the roasting pan and turn until they are all well coated. Scatter the rosemary in the pan for flavour and add the garlic cloves.
7. Cook for about an hour, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp
- Jonathan Rees