Glazed Mutton Ham
Leg of Graig Farm’s organic mutton ham
1 onion peeled
1 bay leaf
For the glaze:
Small jar of redcurrant jelly
3 tablespoon of mint sauce
Small glass of red wine
- Place the mutton ham in a large saucepan with the onion, bayleaf and peppercorns, and just cover with water.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, simmer very gently for 45 minutes per kilo.
- When cooked, leave to cool in the liquid; this is important to retain the moisture in the meat.
- Meanwhile mix the redcurrant jelly with the mint sauce.
- When completely cool, remove the mutton from the liquid and place in a roasting pan.
- Spread the redcurrant and mint glaze over the joint, pour the red wine into the pan.
- Bake the mutton at 200ºC/Gas 6 for about 45 minutes, basting with the pan juices 3 to 4 times.
- Place the mutton on a serving dish and serve hot or cold.
- Tags: Mutton
- Graig Farm