Festive Leg of Lamb
1 Whole leg of Graig Farm’s organic lamb
3 cloves garlic peeled
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 tablespoons clear honey
½ bottle of red wine
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Slice the garlic in to thick slivers and cut the rosemary into small sprigs.
- Stab several slits into the meat of the lamb about 2cm deep.
- Into each slit push a slice of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Place the joint into a heavy lidded flameproof casserole dish and drizzle the honey over the skin.
- Pour the red wine around the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the lamb and place in the oven 160ºC/Gas 3
- for 3 – 3 ½ hours, checking occasionally that juices have not simmered away.
- At the end of the cooking time uncover the lamb, baste with the juices and return to the oven at 200ºC/Gas 6 until golden.
- Tags: Lamb
- Graig Farm