Sirloin Steak in a Beer and Brown Sugar Marinade
The flavours of this simple marinade complement the natural taste of our matured organic sirloin steaks. Use your favourite dark beer, ale or stout for a delicious dish.
- 2 x Graig Farm organic sirloin steaks
- 60ml dark beer, ale or stout
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Preheat barbeque or lightly oiled griddle pan for high temperature (griddle pan can be preheated prior to cooking)
- In a bowl, mix together beer, teriyaki sauce, crushed garlic and dark brown soft sugar. Add the steaks, and let sit in the marinade for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 the seasoned salt, pepper and set aside for 10 minutes. Turn steaks over, sprinkle with remaining seasoned salt, pepper and continue marinating for 10 more minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan, bring to the boil, and cook for several minutes.
- If using barbeque lightly oil the barbeque cooking grate. Barbeque steaks for 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. During the last few minutes of barbequing, baste steaks with boiled marinade to enhance the flavour and ensure juiciness. If using a griddle pan, timings may slightly differ depending on how you like your steaks, but again baste the steaks as cooking.
The perfect way to enjoy a perfect steak!
- Tags: Beef
- Graig Farm