Roast Lamb - Recipe
Redcurrant Jelly Glazed Roast Lamb
Easter is nearly upon us. The sights and sounds of Spring, are evermore present with each day bringing new life and longer daylight hours. Easter Sunday roast is traditionally lamb and this Redcurrant Jelly Glazed Roast Lamb is the perfect meal to celebrate with.
2kg Leg of Lamb - trimmed and tied
3-4 Sprigs of rosemary
1 Onion - peeled and cut into quarters
3 tablespoons Redcurrant Jelly
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Preheat the oven to 150C/135C fan, gas Mark 1-2
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Remove all packaging and pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin that just fits.
- Using a sharp knife make slits through the lamb skin into the meat.
- Place sprigs of rosemary into each of these slits.
- Sprinkle over with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the quartered onion under and around the lamb.
- Cover the roasting tin with a lid or foil - ensuring the foil does not touch the meat.
- Place in the centre of the oven a cook for 4 1/2 hours.
- When the cooking time has finished remove the lamb from the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200C/185C fan, gas mark 6.
- Remove the sprigs of rosemary.
- Spoon the Redcurrant Jelly all over the lamb.
- Leave the lid/foil off and place the lamb back into the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the glaze has become deliciously dark and sticky.
- When done remove the lamb from the oven and place on a foil covered, board/platter to rest for 30 -40 minutes.
- Remove string before serving.
- Serve with crunchy, golden roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Wishing you all a very Happy Easter.
- Graig Farm