Goat Sausage Pasta
Here's our healthy take on a Jules Oliver classic...
- 2 Medium Organic Onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1–2 fresh red chillies
- 450g Graig Farm Goat Sausages
- 1 heaped teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil
- 500 g dried penne
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Peel the onions and trim the carrot and celery. Roughly chop all the vegetables, then blitz in the food processor with the chillies (stalks removed). Add the sausages (skins removed if you prefer), 1 heaped teaspoon of fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Keep pulsing until well mixed, then spoon this mixture into a large frying pan on a high heat with a lug of olive oil, breaking it up and stirring as you go for about 5 minutes.
- Fill a large deep saucepan with boiling water. Season well then add the penne and cook according to packet instructions.
- Crush 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic into the sausage mixture and fry for a further minute, then stir in the tinned tomatoes. just before the pasta is ready add the balsamic vinegar.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about a wineglass worth of the cooking water. Tip the pasta into the pan of sauce and give it a gentle stir, adding enough of the cooking water to bring it to a silky consistency.
Serve with some basil leaves as garnish and grated parmesan.
- Tags: Goat
- Jonathan Rees