Summer Salad Recipe
Summer’s here, which means it's time to forego the heavy meals and eat a little lighter. No one wants to be stuck cooking over a hot stove when the weather’s heating up and the best alternative to a stodgy meal is a refreshing salad. Our organic chicken is the perfect ingredient for a summer salad and at Graig Farm, we also know a couple of delicious salad recipes for you to try too. Take a look below at our favourite summer salad recipes, complete with Graig Farm organic chicken.
Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad
- Graig Farm Organic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweetcorn
- Crush the garlic cloves and mix together with the paprika, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil, this will make the marinade for the chicken.
- Next, place the chicken into the marinade mix and leave for around 15 minutes.
- Cook the chicken on a griddle pan using 1 tbsp of olive oil. The chicken should only take around 3 to 4 minutes to cook or once the chicken is slightly charred.
- Chop the cucumber and tear the lettuce and mix with the chicken and sweetcorn. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken, Mandarin and Cashew Salad
- Graig Farm Organic Chicken Breast Fillets
- Olive Oil
- 300g Mandarin Segments In Juice
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Cabbage
- 100g Toasted Salted Cashews
- 20g Watercress
- 20g Rocket
- 20g Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and cook the chicken breasts, then leave to one side to cool.
- Whisk together the mandarin juices with the sesame oil and vinegar to create the dressing.
- Chop the red onion, red pepper, cashews, watercress, rocket, spinach, sesame seeds and mandarin segments, then add in the cooked chicken.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and vegetables and serve.