Glazed Mutton Ham
Leg of Graig Farm’s organic mutton ham
1 onion peeled
1 bay leaf
For the glaze:
Small jar of redcurrant jelly
3 tablespoon of mint sauce
Small glass of red wine
- Place the mutton ham in a large saucepan with the onion, bayleaf and peppercorns, and just cover with water.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, simmer very gently for 45 minutes per kilo.
- When cooked, leave to cool in the liquid; this is important to retain the moisture in the meat.
- Meanwhile mix the redcurrant jelly with the mint sauce.
- When completely cool, remove the mutton from the liquid and place in a roasting pan.
- Spread the redcurrant and mint glaze over the joint, pour the red wine into the pan.
- Bake the mutton at 200ºC/Gas 6 for about 45 minutes, basting with the pan juices 3 to 4 times.
- Place the mutton on a serving dish and serve hot or cold.
Other News Articles
Our new range of Cornish fish is here!
We know how important it is for people to know where their food is coming from. That’s why we’re working with a member of the Cornwall Good Seafood Guide (CGSG) to bring you fresh, sustainable fish you can have delivered to your door. The Cornwall Wildlife Trust is an organisation working to support conservation...
BBQ Sticky Pork Ribs or Chops Marinade Recipe
Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best, and this BBQ marinade recipe is no exception. Ingredients Organic pork spare ribs / chops 2 – 3 garlic cloves 1 tps salt 1 tbsp English mustard 2 tbsp brown sugar (soft) 2 tbs tomato ketchup 1 tbs dark soya sauce 2-3tbsp brown rice vinegars...
Bank Holiday BBQ - Tandoori Chicken
When it comes to cooking during the summer months, only one thing springs to mind, and that’s barbeques! We all love a good old British barbeque. What could be better than sitting the garden, drinking a bottle of beer and eating tasty meats? Nothing much can beat it when the sun is shining.  ...