Festive Leg of Lamb
1 Whole leg of Graig Farm’s organic lamb
3 cloves garlic peeled
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 tablespoons clear honey
½ bottle of red wine
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Slice the garlic in to thick slivers and cut the rosemary into small sprigs.
- Stab several slits into the meat of the lamb about 2cm deep.
- Into each slit push a slice of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- Place the joint into a heavy lidded flameproof casserole dish and drizzle the honey over the skin.
- Pour the red wine around the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the lamb and place in the oven 160ºC/Gas 3
- for 3 – 3 ½ hours, checking occasionally that juices have not simmered away.
- At the end of the cooking time uncover the lamb, baste with the juices and return to the oven at 200ºC/Gas 6 until golden.
Other News Articles
Keeping Garden Chickens, A beginners guide
Imagine eating a soft boiled egg with a beautiful dark golden yolk and knowing exactly where it came from, what went into producing it and how old it is. That is the beauty of keeping a few chickens in the garden. Indeed, keeping chickens can have multiple benefits, for example, if chickens are given...
How to Cook Festive Organic Leg of Lamb
You can buy our Organic Lamb here...
Thai Green Prawn Curry with Coconut & Lime Soup
Serves: 2 Ingredients 8 spring onions 1 tbsp vegetable oil 35g Thai green curry paste 200ml carton coconut cream ½ chicken stock cube 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce 1 lime or 2 kaffir leaves (fresh or dry) 1 stalk of lemongrass stalk 150g young spinach 25g coriander 140g cooked and peeled king prawns Method...