Olive oil or goose fat
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into good sized pieces, try
to keep the pieces as even as possible to ensure even
2. Place potatoes in a suitably sized saucepan and just
cover with cold water, add salt.
3. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes, then drain
and leave with the lid on for 5 mins.
4. Heat the oil/fat in a roasting tin at about 200ºC/Gas
5. Meanwhile with the lid still on shake the pan to
roughen the edges.
6. When the fat is hot add the potatoes to the roasting
pan and turn until they are all well coated.
7. Cook for about an hour, turning occasionally, until
golden brown and crisp.
Download this recipe card
Download all of Graig Farm's Christmas Recipes