1 Graig Farm’s organic gammon or ham joint (unsmoked)
4 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoon mustard
3 bay leaves
10 black pepper corns
- Put the Gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water, add the vegetables, bay leaves, pepper corns and then bring to a gentle boil and cook for 2-3 hours. (twenty minutes per 500g)
- Once cooked drain the water and let the joint cool for 15 minutes before adding it to a greased roasting tin.
- Remove the skin, leaving on as much fat as possible, then with a knife score the fat in a diamond pattern and push a clove in to each X on the fat.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C while making the honey glaze.
- For the Glaze – Mix the honey and mustard together and brush it all over the top and side of the gammon, put in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Take out and brush again with the glaze and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until it looks a delicious golden brown.
- Remove from the over and leave to rest for15 minutes before carving.
A top tip when making this recipe is to keep the juices from the pan after the gammon has boiled as it can be used as a stock for a tasty home made soup!
Also a side to accompany gammon is a creamy cauliflower cheese, it’s easy to make and goes perfectly with gammon.
Download this recipe card
Download all of Graig Farm's Christmas Recipes